What is a tech block? Well, it's when you can't seem to figure out how to do something technical. Usually it's a fear stopping you in your tracks and you can't seem to get past it. It can be easy as just logging in and clicking a few buttons but since you've never actually done it, you freeze in place and just keep putting it off.
I've been doing this A LOT lately. Yep even your trusty web designer has mental blocks around some things! I mean I haven't actually done everything, there are always going to be things that pop up since technology is constantly changing and evolving. (Where are my VR Internet content lenses haha?!)
Recently I've hit a wall with my membership/ecourses. My login screen was just NOT working and for the life of me I couldn't get through fixing it. Finally this morning I #NailedIt
I'm sure many of you can relate!
If so, here are a few things you can do to shift the tides and start showing up more powerfully:
1. Acknowledge your hiding behaviors. Are you shifting it to the next days to do list? Skipping it and just watching TV? Constantly looking for replacement options since you can't seem to dive into really doing what you need to?
2. Dig deep. Ask yourself WHY are you pushing this off? Get super clear on this and really understand where this block is coming from. For me it's usually I tell myself I don't have the time which is total BS because my business is worth more than anything else I do all day this is my lively hood and if I don't get it done then I don't have a way of surviving! Stop bull shitting yourself and find the reason you are pushing it off.
3. Take 10 minutes and just breath, listen & reduce your tension. Meditate. Imagine you are in your happy place. For me I picture Lake Sakura, Japan. Beautiful Lake surrounded by Cherry Blossoms. Find inner peace and tranquility so you can feel whole. No judgement just allow guidance and loving support to flow through to you.
4. Whatever messages you download from step 3 - honor them and move forward!
5. State your intention that you are ready to get this tech managed and under control.
6. Choose the path with minimal tension. Trust your download from #3. Pick one action and tackle it today. Tell the world to piss off you need to get it done 😉 no action is to big or to small - just own it!
I learned this nifty inspired action from the lovely Britny West. She can really help you spin your mindset into the best asset you have in your business. Working with her always leads to major gains & wins!
If you need some hand holding through your tech problem you can always reach out!
I offer open office hours via Skype or Zoom or you can schedule a free 30 minute call to get the help you need!
Have a friend suffering from tech anxiety invite them to the group & let them take advantage of the free open office hours too! (Make sure to ask them if they would like to be added no social kidnapping allowed!)